Biology Class

Today in Biology class we played with termites and hypothesize what they'd do with a circle, indentation, etc on a piece of paper. I managed to dump the termites from the vial onto the paper, corral the termites on the paper, and wrangle them onto the petri dish from the paper, all without mishap. But then...as I handed off the petri dish full of termites to my lab partner I dropped it. The termites went flying. All Over Us.

Of course the lab was first thing we did in class, so we went through an entire 45 minutes of class post-termite-dousing. All through the rest of class we couldn't keep still--with the slightest itch or twitch I was panic-ridden. It's an hour later and I'm still paranoid that I have termites on me. I just Googled it and apparently termites can bite human flesh....although the up side is that they can't transfer diseases and germs to humans! The bite won't swell or be sensitive. So, no worries, I'm safe. Covered in termites, but safe.


1 comment:

  1. I love living vicariously through your college experiences. All of them. Even the super embarrassing ones. This made me itch just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete