Off to a Grand Ol' Start

My first day of college started off with my 8:00 Arabic class. I arrived at my class in the SWKT only to find a sign indicating it was moved to the JSB...only to realize the sign actually said it was in the JKB on the other side of campus. So I was 15 minutes late. From then I headed off to Book of Mormon class only to realize that it was the Book of Mormon class specifically designated for Return Missionaries.

As I was walking back to my dorm, I ran into D and invited him over for lunch. I didn't have very much food, but I decided to make some instant rice. Feeling all cool, I threw everything together in a bowl and tossed it into the microwave. As I was trying to flirt,f there was loud bang. Not a darn-it-something-fell-in-the-back-room kind of bang, but an oh-$%&!-someone-threw-a-grenade-into-my-apartment kind of bang.

We shrieked (okay, I shrieked) and ran over to the microwave only to find that apparently not all glass bowls are microwave safe. I was so mortified. We cleaned it up and vacuumed the kitchen floor, picking up all the shards of glass. D and I decided that it would be safer to eat at the Cannon Center rather than have me try my hand at cooking again.

Lesson learned: Double-check the details

2 comments:

  1. Hey, some days are like that. Lessons learned = a good day in the end xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. more posts! more posts! more posts!
    (Oh, you know, just your mom chanting on the other side of the country...)

    ReplyDelete