A Gilmore Girls Wannabe

As most college students know, the perfect study spot is hard to find. Its a delicate blend of studying atmosphere and comfortability. Inspired by the Gilmore Girls episode reruns I watched over the summer, (remember this one? Where Rory finds her perfect study spot at Yale only to have it taken away from her by another student?) I decided to find my own spot.

I wandered from the dead-silent catacombs of the periodicals section to the no-shh zone in the library. The periodicals were too quiet and I kept running into friends in the no-shh zone--not quite the studying atmosphere I wanted. I studied at the the Wilkinson Student Center for a little bit; it had the perfect white noise background but was so busy most days I couldn't find a table. I tried the Creamery on 9th; it had the same atmosphere as the Wilk but all I ended up doing was buying fries and ice cream rather than studying. I finally found the perfect spot on the outdoor patio on the 4th floor of the Joseph F Smith Building; the foot traffic below created a good background noise while studying in the natural light. I was invisible from the world--I could see them but they couldn't see me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment