News

I have some news for you all! My family is moving from our sleepy little Massachusetts town to.....Australia! Tada!

My Dad's been chosen to head the Australia branch of the company he works for. It'll be a four year job, so we'll be selling our house and moving all of our things. My family will be living in Canberra, the capitol of Australia and three hours south of Sydney.

My dad is heading out to Australia in early June and the rest of my family will follow in September. I'll finally join them in December for my Winter break from college. Good thing: Winter here is summer there. Soo...I'm going to be one of those obnoxious people who leave for winter break and come back as middle-of-summer-tan. Second good thing: Penguins. Penguins live on the southern coast of Australia. And not only are they penguins, they're itty bitty fairy penguins. Third good thing: I've always loved that part of the world. Vacations in Tonga, Fiji, the Philippians... Fourth good thing: My friend from home is serving his mission in Australia. My family won't be in his mission, but at least they'll be on the same continent :)

So there's my news! Big change ahead, but I'm excited to see how it all plays out :)

2 comments:

  1. Hip, hip hooray! I love your attitude, Lauren. It's going to be a great adventure, penguins and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your writing, Lauren. I'm glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete